Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I Am the Invisible Woman
Dear People of the Internets,
Before I do a faceplant on the bed and start the nightly wrestling with MathMan for the covers (stop it, you filthy-minded boogers, we're married, we don't frolic anymore - sheesh), I just wanted to say a few things.
(1) Thank you. For everything. For the kind words, the compliments to the family, the laughs, the encouragement and support. You guys buoy me when I need it. And you give me that swift kick sometimes, too. Thank you. Really.
(2) I haven't stopped reading you. I've been swamped at worked (you mean I don't get paid to comment on blogs? what?) and with kid things and work and packing and moving and work and driving and lying in a fetal position in the back of the closet to hide from all the have to things that still manage to find me and drag me clawing and screaming from my safe haven back into reality.
(3) Following up on number 3, I'm sorry I haven't commented like I normally do. My wit and energy got packed in some box and I can't find it. Okay - I know, the wit? It fit in a tiny ring box, but it's packed nevertheless.
(4) I'm easily distracted. And MathMan isn't helping. I just whipped my bra off through my sleeve and threw it at MathMan because I'm feeling churlish, I guess. He is now sitting there with the damn thing on his head.
And it fits.
(5) Hell. Where was I? Rachel Maddow is distracting me now.
(6) Oh, yes, dammit I'm really sick, but I'm not. I mean I'm hacking and wheezing and things are leaking from my body and it's most unpleasant. But like many moms, I'm not sick enough to take to my bed. Fever? Hacking cough? Leaking wee when I cough and sneeze, despite my best attempts to practice my kegels and squeeze really hard to the point where my legs are crossed and my eyes are shut? Please. That's not sick. That's inconvenient. Oh, look! I just coughed up a lung. That might make me a little late for work tomorrow, but if I move double time in the morning, I should still be able to make it....
Shut up. I'm liking the view from this cross.
Now I'm just getting abusive. Sorry.
(6) We're making progress with our move. We've gotten several loads of boxes and things moved to the new place and we've even unpacked a few things. Oh, yes, the love tub decor is nearly complete.
Anyway, this is my long winded stab at telling you I'm sorry I've not been about saying hi and leaving comments and behaving inappropriately on your blogs. I'm stuck here acting the fool and being grouchy and snotty. Literally.
Thank you for visiting. Sooner or later I'll be back out there and then you'll be sorry. You can take that as a threat or a promise. It's up to you.