Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another indication you might have too many cats

A brief peaceful moment.

After observing the shenanigans happening in the living room amongst a -- what do we call a lot of cats? You know like a murder of crows, a phrase I love, or a school of fish, what's a set of cats? --- anyway, you know you have too many cats when after watching the cat rasslin' in the living room, your husband invites to you to join him on the bed where you're naively expecting him to give you a nice cuddle.

Alas no. He grabs in you in a headlock and proceeds to rabbit kick you in your belly.

And there's no foreplay.


P.S. It's called a clowder. We now have a clowder of cats. Please pass the hairball medicine.

P.S.S. Thank you for the donations and empathy. You people complete me.

P.S. 2.7 If you're in the path of Irene, please stay safe. We're thinking of all y'all.

XOXO,

Lisa

12 comments:

  1. I never knew there was a word to describe having many cats. When I had 4, I called it a "shit load of hair, puke and poop"

    Hope things come together for you soon. Reading your words over the last year, you are a very patient person who is simply wanting to return to the working world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubting Thomas that I am, I had to look it up:
    "Clowder, Cludder, Clutter kendle or kindle of cats, 1801; a group of cats. Example: clowder of cats."
    Who knew??
    Great Caturday photo, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clowder?

    Hot damn, the Brits agree, plus there's this:

    1876 C. C. Robinson Gloss. Words Dial. Mid-Yorks. (at cited word), There was a bonny cludder of folks.

    ♫ meow meow meow meow
    meow meow meow meow ♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you about domestic cats and bird populations?
    See page two.

    http://www.fws.gov/birds/mortality-fact-sheet.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already made too many cat remarks so instead, I'll tell you the best joke I heard from the Fringe:

    'When I signed on to the service they told me I needed an eight character password. I typed in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many cats, in my case, is called "a scary enough number to keep any sane man from dating you." Probably won't find my soul mate this way, eh? Good thing you're already taken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IMHO, if you have any cats, you have too many. I've also gotten to the point where I feel the same way about dogs. Just don't want to be bothered with any pets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cat clowder... Why does my mind conjure up mouse shaped oyster crackers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a bumper sticker at the train station today. Large, circular and in bold greens and pinks it declared, "Crazy Cat Lady".
    That's when you know you you have too many, you advertise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did he, also, lick you with a dry tongue or sink his overgrown claws into you? I hope the shedding is, at least, kept to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete

And then you say....

(Comments submitted four or more days after a post is published won't appear immediately. They go into comment moderation to cut down on spam.)