Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Echo

I have the plague.

No, no, don't worry, I won't be rolled out to the curb for collection. It's not that bad. Yet.

I"m holed up in my room, huddling inside my hoodie, eating clementines and hoping I don't pee my pants when I sneeze and cough. I know, that whole incontinence thing is embarrassing, isn't it? The upside is that I'm reminded to do Kegels which are their own special kind of fun.

"Why are you making that face?" MathMan asked me.

"What face?"

"I don't know. It's like you're concentrating really hard."

"Oh. I'm counting as I hold a squeeze."

"Pardon me?"

"I'm holding a squeeze. You know - Kegels. I'm counting to ten."

"I see."

"Is it bothering you?" I asked.

"No. In fact, it's kind of improvement over how you've been walking around looking all surprised."

"Ah. Yes. Thank you. I guess."

He's referring to the fact that I've been walking around with my eyebrows lifted up into my hairline. I noticed that my eyelids are starting to get puffy just like my mother's and I can't fucking afford cosmetic surgery.

So surprise it is or when I open my eyes extra wide -- shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you say....

(Comments submitted four or more days after a post is published won't appear immediately. They go into comment moderation to cut down on spam.)