It's been too long again, but that's the way life goes these days. I work, I sleep, I engage in capers both gratifying and soul sucking. There are actually moments when I turn over control to someone else and (gasp!) relax. While I still Instagram the crap out of life, I've been reluctant to blog about all that's gone down, down, down because I was afraid you would....
1. Think I've gone insane. (Not an unfair assessment.)
2. Offer me advice. (Please don't.)
3. Label me a bad mother. (Get in line behind my kids.)
4. Not believe me.
5. Believe me.
So here I am, toes wiggling at the precipice of another change. The best laid schemes of this here narcissist went out and
While I'm feeling karmically relieved by my own comeuppance, I'm huffy about moving again so soon. The recently acquired place never quite achieved home status. Now it contains so much bad juju I'm fixing to flee it like it's haunted by the ghosts of a thousand bad decisions.
Thanks be that everything I own fits in a Toyota Corolla, I've been heard to say quite a bit lately. The other thing I've been saying a lot lately? I'm sorry. I think Mathman would like for me to stop it already. The voicemails, texts and face to face apologies were enough. The sky-writing in French may have been a bit over the top.
So while I pack my things and adjust to another new place and routine, here's a list of things I intend to bore you with in the coming days? weeks? whatever. Why waste all this perfectly good sturm und drang by not writing about it? At least that's what I keep telling myself. If I can't find purpose in this mess, what then?
1. My discovery of hiking and what is wrong with you people, why did you never tell me about how much fun it is?
2. The divorce diet vs. the break up diet
3. Training for a non-existent 5k
4. The Truth and other lies we tell ourselves
5. How I've blown it as an absentee parent
6. Giving up sugar. Less a lament than a confession.
Until next time,