Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Cupcake Cleans Up

Once upon a time....





And now....




Junior Prom 2016

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. It's not like I haven't already watched two children grow up and move out. It's just - - - I don't know. Even though I'm no longer there, Sophie's age seems to define the end of some era. She has one year left of high school. One year.

And in case you're wondering, she still texts me that she's dying from some thing or other and should probably leave school so as not to traumatize her peers. So much for our family has changed, so it's weirdly nice to know that some things probably never will. 

Paybacks are coming though. One day I'll be the one texting her from the home they stick me in. "Come get me. Pleeeeeeaaaaase!"


10 comments:

  1. Where does the time go? Great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm impressed. Nice going. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, susan. Beauty is fleeting. The trick will be if she actually comes to rescue me.

      Delete
    2. Surface beauty, perhaps, but the real thing keeps shining through and rescue can mean many things.

      Delete
  3. Been a long time since I have seen your name roaming the blogs, Kisa Golden, used to read you all the time. How in the world did you escape Atlanta???

    Rgds,

    Reamus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! What's new?

      How did I escape? Well, I guess you could say I ran away and joined the circus. Or maybe it was more like MathMan & I divorced and I moved back to Indiana for lack of anywhere else to go.

      Delete
    2. Well done, glad you are still out there, although I expect the circus would have been more fun.

      Lots new, been well, but spend time stalking instead of travel writing these days and three novels happened since then .

      Be well. Caught you at MPS. Hope to catch up again,

      R

      Delete

And then you say....

(Comments submitted four or more days after a post is published won't appear immediately. They go into comment moderation to cut down on spam.)