1. Family and friends, continued good health and happiness. What is life, after all, without these?
2. My job. I'm pleased to have it and happy to like it.
2.1. I'm also grateful that I still have my job after telling the Master Chairman (aka the top guy) that I'd probably make a fuss over him like the one I made over a coworker's dog if he licked my face, too.
3. I'm thankful that Chloe is home so that I can hear her say things like "I'm pre-gaming our pizza dinner with a bagel." and "Vodka sounds fine to me."
4. I'm grateful for MathMan's fitness so that he'll be around to appreciate my passive aggressive behavior for many years to come.
5. Art of all kinds and the artists who create it. Again I ask, what would life be without these things?
6. The ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinians. For the obvious reasons, of course. But also because Chloe is scheduled to take her heritage tour next month. She'll be gone for ten days and I don't think I can go that long without sleep. Also too, my calls and emails to Bibi continue to be ignored.
7. Faux Spanx aka Fanx. Especially after today's meal. Holy cats. I'm fifty percent pie right now.
8. The internet. It's brought so much into my life.
9. The restorative properties of laughter.
10. I'm thrilled and grateful to have my first published piece in an anthology of wonderful, funny writers. Special thanks to DC Stanfa who read my work at the urging of her sister Sherry and asked me to be a part of Fifty Shades of Funny. (An entire post is yet to come on that, but for now you can learn more on the website. You can also purchase the book on Amazon.)
Okay, let me say that one more time --- I'm published!!!!!!
And I'm fall down on the floor grateful. Don't even try to pick me up. Just bring pie. Fork optional.
And of course, I'm grateful to all of you who come here and read and encourage me to keep writing and living and loving and laughing. You've helped us out when we needed it most. You've been my rock, my touchstone, my classroom full of giggling peers as I perform the beloved duties of Class Clown.
Gratitude doesn't seem a big enough word.
With love and stuffing and a side of mashed potatoes,
P.S. Between now and midnight, Cyber Monday November 26 every Amazon book order of Fifty Shades of Funny softcover or Kindle order will be eligible for a free beach vacation ! It includes a week at the Cottages of Shipwreck in Hilton Head, a four star resort.. and 50,000 US Airways miles--typically good for 2 round-way tickets in the US.
The instructions are as follows: Purchase a soft book or Kindle version between Thursday November 22 2012 and midnight Monday November 26 and email a copy of the receipt to email@example.com.
One random winner will be chosen. Here's a link to the cottages website. The vacation week is August 31-September 7 2013. http://
Purchase the book