I shouldn't like Bobbi French. I mean, the woman is living the life I want and I should be crazy jealous. Let's examine the evidence against her.
1. She's tall. (She refers to herself as a giraffe.)
2. She's thin. (Don't listen to her about this. She's thin.)
3. Her silver hair is even more gorgeous than mine ;-D AND AND! she has the bone structure to wear her hair cropped a la Jamie Curtis. Who, I might add, Bobbie resembles.
4. She's smart. As in, she's a doctor smart.
5. She's living in France with a gorgeous husband who cooks and rubs her feet. And there are no surly teenagers or cats weighing her down.
Need I go on?
But here's the thing. Because she's so damned funny and intelligent and witty and kind and interesting and humane and because she's from Newfoundland (it matters, y'all), I am forced to overlook all those superficial reasons for not liking her. I adore Bobbi French. And as if I needed another reason to adore her, there's this post which will give you some context for the video below.
Now get out there and spread this message around. This has to stop now. My kids are going to hear about this tonight when they get home and every day after. I'm going to be a cd stuck on repeat, a record with a needle stuck, a gramophone....well, you get the idea. It's not enough for me to remind them that bullying is wrong and will not be tolerated, but they also need to spread the word among their friends and they need to shame and shun anyone who still thinks bullying is okay.
But I'll be honest with you, adults are a big part of the problem. The high school where Sophie will attend won't even allow a Gay/Straight Alliance to form. That's an adult problem, not a bullying problem.
I'm pledging here and now to call this bullshit out wherever I see it. I hope you will, too.